Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Shrimps!!!!!

Haha! I don't know exactly what to call this except what it is....some SHRIMPS!!! LOL I am such a shrimp lover it's insane, I was craving shrimps but didn't want curry shrimp or fried shrimp so I just went into my fridge got some bell peppers, onions and then here we are! Some yummy shrimps!! :-D

Ingredients:

  • 1 lb of shrimp (peeled,deveined) 
  • 1 red bell pepper
  • 1 yellow bell pepper
  • 1 green pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt (I used Lawry's as always)
  • 1/3 teaspoon of oil(olive oil or canola oil)

PS: You can make this as spicy as you want by increasing the amount of spices you use, its all up to you. If you also want it saucy just add 1 or 1/2 cup of water mix it with 1 or 1/2 teaspoon of cornstarch or flour and pour it on your shrimps and let it simmer till it gets the "thickness". The one I made didn't have any sauce because that's how I preferred it. 

Method:

  1. Wash shrimps and season with all your spices, set aside
  2. Chop and wash your vegetables (Don't cut them too small)
  3. In a sauce pan, add the oil, pour in your vegetables, stir for about 5 minutes 
  4. Add in your seasoned shrimps, stir for another 5 minutes, Let it simmer for 15minutes
  5. Serve with jolloffried rice, white rice and rice and peas

Vegetables

Almost ready

No comments:

Post a Comment

Angwamu ni toolo beef(Rice w/ oil & salted beef)

Heeyyyy! Look who it is AGAIN!!! Haha! Yes, I am trying to keep my word. Today I wanted to share one of the commonest rice recipes that wer...