Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Lean Beef stir fry(I guess...lol)

My mom decided that we have to start eating healthier this year so I've been trying out some recipes on my own. Just because I'm eating healthy doesn't mean it has to be boring lol

Ingredients:

  • 1 or 2lbs of lean beef
  • 1 medium onion
  • 1 green or red pepper (or both)
  • 1 and 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil
  • 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 jalepeno pepper

Method:
  1. Wash meat, there should be little to no fat on this, but if there is, make sure you remove all of it, season meat with spices
  2. Chop your vegetables(look at the pictures below to see what size I had mine)
  3. In a large sauce pan pour your coconut oil and allow it to melt, then add in your meat and allow it to cook, after 20 minutes the meat should be all cooked and no longer pink, add in your vegetables. Let it cook for about 5-10 minutes, the stir fry should be ready by now. (You can season to your taste, if you prefer it more salty or less spicy)
PS: If you want this saucy(with some sauce), add 1/2 teaspoon of flour to 1/2 cup of water and add it to the meat, let it cook for 5 mins or until it thickens

Beef

After washing and cutting

All seasoned 

Coconut oil melting 

In the process

Ready for vegetables

Stir fry lol

All Ready!

2 comments:

  1. Actually, I always read an article about beef recipes and I want to learn a lot of Recipes For Stir Fry. For all the articles I read before this one is the most I like because it has an easy procedure and good for the health. Thank you for posting this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you found this an easy procedure. Thank you for stopping by Theedeescuisine.com :-D

      Delete

Angwamu ni toolo beef(Rice w/ oil & salted beef)

Heeyyyy! Look who it is AGAIN!!! Haha! Yes, I am trying to keep my word. Today I wanted to share one of the commonest rice recipes that wer...