Thursday, November 12, 2015

SpagRice (Spaghetti Rice)

Hello lovely people! Can you guys believe we are in November already? Few more days until one of my favorite holidays(THANKSGIVING🍂🍁)..........

Just wanted to share a very quick recipe with y'all!! This is how I like to sometimes cook my white rice when I don't want it so plain.


Ingredients:
2 cups of rice
1 tablespoon olive or coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1 tablespoon of salt(I'm not big on salt so you can add more for your preference)
1 small onion(preferably red)
A handful of spaghetti
2-3 cups of water


Method:
1. Chop the onion to tiny pieces, break the spaghetti into 2 or 3. 
2. Add your tablespoon of oil in a medium saucepan on medium heat, add your onions and stir for awhile. After 2 mins add your spaghetti and fry until spaghetti is brownish not burnt! 
3. Add your rice, stir then add in the water and thyme and cook for about 30-45mins or until rice is soft to touch 


Enjoy with some goat meat stew, corned beef stew,curry chicken or anything thing of your choice!!!!



Steps to making the spagrice....
 
Served with corned beef stew,hard boiled egg & fried plantains



No comments:

Post a Comment

Angwamu ni toolo beef(Rice w/ oil & salted beef)

Heeyyyy! Look who it is AGAIN!!! Haha! Yes, I am trying to keep my word. Today I wanted to share one of the commonest rice recipes that wer...