Thursday, April 28, 2016

Suya Broiled Chicken

Happy New Year Foodies(I know I am super late,LOL)!!! 
Hope you guys have had a good year thus far. It's been a busy one for me if I must say so myself. But I am hanging in there, I miss cooking on a regular but hopefully I will be back to that soon.
Today I want to share one of my recipes that came up as a result of having lots of chicken and no beef.



Ingredients:
  • 2lbs of chicken(I used chopped quartered chicken)
  • 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder(optional)
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
  • 2 tablespoons suya spice
  • 1 tablespoon oil

Method:


  1. Wash chicken with lemon or lime(for this particular recipe I decided to keep the skin of the chicken on.
  2. Season with all spices and add in the oil.
  3. Allow chicken to marinate for an hour or 2 or even overnight (if you have enough time)
  4. Broil chicken on low for about 30mins- 1hour depending on how hot your oven gets.
  5. In a separate bowl, mix 1 tablespoon of oil and 3 tablespoons of suya spice, brush it on the chicken as its cooking to give you an extra shiny look (LOL, see the finished picture below)

PS: Will add more pictures the next time I make these. I only remembered to take a picture of the finished product. 

Finished product. Mmm..yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Angwamu ni toolo beef(Rice w/ oil & salted beef)

Heeyyyy! Look who it is AGAIN!!! Haha! Yes, I am trying to keep my word. Today I wanted to share one of the commonest rice recipes that wer...