Saturday, September 3, 2016

Spicy Chicken Wings

Hello lovely people!!! Yes I know I haven't been as active as I should be but that is about to change with in the next few weeks. i think I have about 3 or 4 recipes to share.
Well let us jump right into it, today I will like to share with you something that came about because a friend of mine requested for some really spicy wings for her dinner. I must confess I am not huge on spicy foods because I just can't but surprisingly I make lots of spicy foods haha.


Ingredients: 


  • 1lb of chicken wings
  • 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
  • 1 tablespoon black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon white pepper
  • 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
  • 1 teaspoon ginger powder
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder(optional)
  • 1 teaspoon parsley 
  • 2 tablespoons sriracha hot sauce(if you don't have that any hot sauce of your choice)



Method: 

  1. Clean(removing all visible feathers) and wash the chicken wings very well!! Soak in water and vinegar for about 5mins then rinse with water again
  2. Season chicken with all ingredients and let it marinate overnight(preferred) but if you don't have that time, let it marinate for about 1-2 hours
  3. Pre heat your oven at 350 degrees F(177 degrees C) 
  4. Spray a baking sheet or foil pan with some cooking oil, spread in the wings and bake until golden brown (Ps: don't throw any excess seasoning out after you spread them in the baking sheet, put it aside and after 20 minutes of baking turn the other side of the chicken and coat it with the remaining seasoning)
  5. Serve as an appetizer or with any dish of your choice.  
Right before washing and cutting 

After washing soaking in water and vinegar for awhile( I cut the other side of the wing it was by choice)

Every spice on the chicken

Tossed and well coated 

Ready for marinating

Ready for the oven 

While baking in the oven


All done, with a side of green pepper sauce
Served with some kelewele and green pepper sauce





1 comment:

  1. I was craving for some spicy chicken wings today but I had no idea about how to make them. Thanks for sharing this recipe. Will try to make them tonight when free.

    ReplyDelete

Angwamu ni toolo beef(Rice w/ oil & salted beef)

Heeyyyy! Look who it is AGAIN!!! Haha! Yes, I am trying to keep my word. Today I wanted to share one of the commonest rice recipes that wer...