Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Curry chicken

I tried this once & I liked but not as much as the other Jamaican recipes I have tried lol. But that's just me. But my cousin Crystal well oh she's a big curry chicken lover! Can be eaten with rice n peas or white rice,tried it with fried rice and jollof too lol.

Ingredients:

  • 3 lbs of chicken
  • 6 tablespoons of curry powder
  • 4 teaspoons of thyme
  • 1-2 cloves of garlic
  • 3 stalks of scallion (aka spring onions)
  • 1 teaspoon of ginger
  • 2 scotch bonnet pepper(Jamaican hot pepper)
  • 2 teaspoons of salt
  • 2 teaspoons of black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper(optional)
  • 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
  • 2 cups of water
  • 1 teaspoon of flour (use as a thickener for sauce)


Method: 

  1. Wash the chicken with lime or lemon juice,chop the chicken into small pieces
  2. Chop onions,scallions,garlic and pepper, rub the chicken with all ingredients excluding the water and potatoes allow the chicken to marinate in the fridge for 2 hours. 
  3. Fry the chicken for 10minutes or until chicken is sealed.
  4. Chop your potatoes then add to the chicken and water into a sauce pan, cover and allow the sauce to be thick(this would take about an hour or so).
Ps: I wanted my food to be ready quicker than the hour wait so I mixed half a teaspoon of flour and water and poured it in the mixture and about 15-20mins it thickened for me. 

Just squeezed lemon juice on it for the washing
Seasoned and ready for marinating

Chopped potatoes

Frying the chicken

Almost done frying
Water and potatoes added

Served with white rice,  fried plantain and steamed veggies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Angwamu ni toolo beef(Rice w/ oil & salted beef)

Heeyyyy! Look who it is AGAIN!!! Haha! Yes, I am trying to keep my word. Today I wanted to share one of the commonest rice recipes that wer...