Monday, April 10, 2017

Chicken Sauce


Hi my fellow foodies, yes I am trying to get back to actively blogging. It will take sometime but I will get the hang of this blogging and "vlogging" lifestyle. Today I will like to share with you all another simple sauce. You should already know how I feel about simple dishes.

Video here -->Chicken Sauce

Ingredients: 

  • 2 chicken breasts
  • 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
  • 1 teaspoon red pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch/flour(depending on how thick you want your sauce)
  • 2 carrots
  • 1 small onion 
  • 1 small green pepper
  • 2 tablespoons oil 
  • 1 small sachet of onga chicken spice(or knorr cubes, onga cubes, any spices you use to make your food tasty)


Method: 

  1. Wash and cut chicken into small chunks/pieces
  2. Season with spices and set aside 
  3. Cut vegetables in big chunks and also set aside
  4. In a small sauce pan, add the oil and fry the chicken until well done
  5. Add about half cup of water to the cornstarch/flour and add to the fried chicken and stir occasionally until sauce thickens up, add in your seasoning or spices to taste to your preference 
  6. Add in your vegetables, allow to simmer for a bit and serve with your main dish

**For those of you wondering why my sauce looks brown in the end, I did add a little bit of oyster sauce for color difference and flavor, but it is optional of course**
Refer to video for the step by step on this. Enjoy

Sauce all ready

Served with Fried Rice, coleslaw and shito(black pepper)





3 comments:

  1. I used to follow your blogs and i am so happy that youre back again. I tried out the chicken sauce recipe and it turned out amazing as expected. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing such a useful post.

    ReplyDelete

Angwamu ni toolo beef(Rice w/ oil & salted beef)

Heeyyyy! Look who it is AGAIN!!! Haha! Yes, I am trying to keep my word. Today I wanted to share one of the commonest rice recipes that wer...