Thursday, February 13, 2014

Corned beef stew

I don't know about you but as for me when I was little and growing up in Ghana this was one of my favorite stews to eat with white rice lol. This can also be eaten with boiled yam or boiled plantain and even spaghetti, whatever you like, as long as it tastes good, YOU ARE GOOD TO GO!! So simple and easy to make. This was by request, so here you go.

Ingredients:

  • 2 onions
  • 3 tomatoes
  • 1 scotch bonnet pepper(depending on how hot you want it)
  • 1 teaspoon ginger(or half from a whole...look below to get what I mean)
  • 2 pieces of garlic(my family likes garlic so if you aren't a garlic person this can be optional)
  • 1 small can of tomato paste
  • 1 can corned beef
  • Oil 
  • Spices to taste (seasoning salt,black pepper,curry powder,etc....whatever you use to season stew) 

Method:

  1. Cut the 1 and half of the onions and slice the remaining half and set aside, then blend your onions,tomatoes,garlic,pepper and ginger
  2. In a saucepan, pour the oil and sauté the sliced onions for about a minute, pour in the blended ingredients and allow it to cook for about 15minutes. Add the tomato paste stir and let it for another 15 mins. Add spices then corned beef,stir once and let it simmer for 10minutes(DONT STIR IT TOO MUCH, because you don't all the corned beef to break in the stew,if you get what I mean)

Ps: I usually use 2 cans of corned beef thats because I really do love corned beef so you can use one or two depending on your preference 

Like I said I love corned beef so I often use 2 of these. (Exeter is a bit pricey, so if you don't have this any will do)

Ingredients before blending

Step by step to the corned beef stew

1 comment:

  1. Well this is a totally change and new recipie for me and I have never tasted it before but I would definitely give this a try. Thanks for the share

    ReplyDelete

Angwamu ni toolo beef(Rice w/ oil & salted beef)

Heeyyyy! Look who it is AGAIN!!! Haha! Yes, I am trying to keep my word. Today I wanted to share one of the commonest rice recipes that wer...