Monday, February 17, 2014

Yellow or Curry/Turmeric rice

I can give up somethings but unfortunately rice isn't one of them. Lol. I tried brown rice for like a week and I wasn't happy that whole week(maybe a bit drastic but that's the only expression I can give for how I felt. Anyways here's something I tried with my rice. Oh how I love rice lol

Ingredients

  • 4 cups of rice
  • 2-3 cups of water(depending on the kind of rice you use,every rice cooks differently. I use Jasmine so typically I use 2 and half cups of water)
  • 1 teaspoon curry powder
  • 1 tablespoon turmeric
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/3 teaspoon thyme
  • 1/3 teaspoon of parsley flakes
  • 1 small red or green pepper
Method:
  1. Chop the vegetables,in a saucepan or rice cooker add the veggies, rice, and water stir, then add in your curry and turmeric making sure that it all dissolves probably. Add your salt, parsley flakes and thyme. Cover saucepan with foil and allow it to cook until it's soft to touch(or if you are using your rice cooker, should be a whole lot easier)


Ingredients


Didn't have onions in these

3 comments:

  1. My mom makes a similar version of this dish too but I have to admit your recipe seems quite interesting and simple too. Hope you enjoyed your meal. Happy cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We Pakistanis also make such rice having turmeric and other spices. We call it Tahari. It tastes so delish. But now I am going to try your recipe of turmeric rice to give something new to my taste bud ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen people using turmeric for yellow rice. usually we use yellow food color. But i think if taste of food not changes then its good.

    ReplyDelete

Angwamu ni toolo beef(Rice w/ oil & salted beef)

Heeyyyy! Look who it is AGAIN!!! Haha! Yes, I am trying to keep my word. Today I wanted to share one of the commonest rice recipes that wer...