Saturday, March 9, 2013

Banana Bread

I had some bananas that were going to waste so I figured why not make something with them. That's when I made this banana bread with the help of other recipes. I combined 3 different recipes and made mine. Do NOT waste your bananas make YUMMY banana bread. :-)


Ingredients:
  • Cooking spray(for greasing pan) 
  • 3 ripe bananas
  • 2 cups of all purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 tablespoon milk
  • 1/2 cup butter (softened)
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • Optional - 1/4 cup walnuts(chopped)
  •                -1/3 cup chocolate chips (unsweetened)
Method:
  1. Preheat your oven at 375 degrees F. (190degrees C)
  2. Mash the bananas in a separate bowl
  3. In another bowl, cream sugar and butter together till its evenly mix 
  4. Beat in eggs 1 at a time, add milk and vanilla extract
  5. Mix in flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and mashed bananas. (If you choose to add walnuts or chocolate chips you can add that now)
  6. Mix everything till smooth
  7. Pour in greased baking pan (loaf pan will be ideal)
  8. Bake for about 1hr and 5mins or when you stick a toothpick in and comes out clean
  9. Allow your banana bread to cool for about 10minutes before serving it.
Not the prettiest sight but this is without the chocolate chips or walnuts
Mini chocolate chips mixture




Oven ready. Ps: I overdid it with the cooking spray(DONT be like me..lol)
I wanted it plain hence the reason why it's missing the walnuts and chocolate chips

Banana bread with mini chocolate chips

Inside my mini chocolate chips banana bread :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Angwamu ni toolo beef(Rice w/ oil & salted beef)

Heeyyyy! Look who it is AGAIN!!! Haha! Yes, I am trying to keep my word. Today I wanted to share one of the commonest rice recipes that wer...