Monday, March 25, 2013

Rice and Peas

There is Jamaican restaurant by my house that serves delicious food and from eating there so many times I found my new love for Jamaican foods so I did most of my research and I learned how to make some of my favorites....Here's one of my favorites. Goes very well with curry shrimp and curry goat

Ingredients: 

  • 3 cups of rice
  •  1 cup of fresh kidney beans
  •  1 uncut scotch bonnet pepper (1 jalapeno pepper may be used as a substitute)
  •  1 tin (or one cup) of coconut milk
  •  1 teaspoon of salt
  •  1 teaspoon of black pepper
  •  2 teaspoons of dried thyme
Method:
  1. Wash beans and boil.
  2. After 35mins of boiling the beans should be soft to the touch. Take 1 or 2 out if it crushes easily then it's ready 
  3. Add coconut milk,salt,thyme,pepper & scotch bonnet.(the pepper remains uncut so as to not make the rice spicy, just give it a subtle peppery flavor)
  4. Add rice,stir,cover with foil and allow to cook for about 40minutes






After adding everything to the beans. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Angwamu ni toolo beef(Rice w/ oil & salted beef)

Heeyyyy! Look who it is AGAIN!!! Haha! Yes, I am trying to keep my word. Today I wanted to share one of the commonest rice recipes that wer...