Thursday, March 14, 2013

Mac n Cheese

I was never a big fan of mac n cheese honestly but my little cousins and nephew enjoys it. So for the love of my babies lol, I started doing my research on recipes for it but most of them seemed so complicated and too much work. I found a simpler way to do mine.


Ingredients:

  • 1 16oz(1lb) elbow macaroni 
  •  6 cups of shredded cheese(can be cheddar, parmesan any cheese you prefer, but ideally cheddar cheese is used)
  • 2 cups of cheddar cheese for the topping
  • 1 can of evaporated milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tablespoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon black pepper
  • 1/3 cup butter
Method: 


  1. Boil elbow macaroni until its soft
  2. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (176 degrees C)
  3. When the macaroni is ready in a small foil pan mix cheese(not all cheese), milk, butter, egg, salt and pepper.
  4. When everything is completely mixed, add the remaining cheese on top. 
  5. Bake for about 20mins or when cheese is melted on top. 
  6. Enjoy :-)
PS: Some people like to use bread crumbs for their mac n cheese. You can do so by 1st sprinkling some cheese on top then adding your bread crumbs then adding the remaining of the cheese to it. This way the bread crumbs will melt on the bread crumbs
This was for a party that's why its two trays. And plus we had excess cheese :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Angwamu ni toolo beef(Rice w/ oil & salted beef)

Heeyyyy! Look who it is AGAIN!!! Haha! Yes, I am trying to keep my word. Today I wanted to share one of the commonest rice recipes that wer...